1. We may collect the following personal information from you when you sign up for the Service:
- Contact information, such as name or email address
- Billing information, such as credit card number, billing address and VAT identification number
- Unique identifiers, such as username, account subdomain or password
- Country based on IP address
- Information about your business, such as company name and business type
2. If you choose to use the Service to request review copies of games from our customers, the following personal information may be collected from you:
- Your name and email address
- The URL of your website, YouTube or Twitch channel
- The number of subscribers of your YouTube or Twitch channel (updated daily)
We log certain information automatically. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, the files viewed on our site (HTML pages and graphics), and date/time stamp.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow best practices to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. We ensure that all source code, files and data remain private and confidential.
All user passwords are saved in an encryped form. We use HTTPS/TLS to secure all communications between our servers and your web browser.
If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at the contact information below. We may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and comply with our legal obligations.
- The personal information as indicated being collected above (1) is used for billing, identification, authentication, service improvement, research, and contact.
- Personal data submitted when requesting review copies of games from our customers (2) is processed to fulfill the requests. The number of YouTube and Twitch channel subscribers is updated daily.
- We may monitor reviews and mentions that are found automatically or added manually to improve the quality of the search algorithm.
- We may look at relevant data in your account in order to handle support requests we may receive from you.
- We may display aggregated statistics publicly.
We may share your information with the following third parties who provide services on our behalf to help with our business activities. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- The Service runs on cloud servers and databases provided by Heroku and Redis Labs.
- User data is backed up to a secure account on Amazon S3.
- Secure online credit card payments are provided by Stripe.
- E-Mail notifications are send via Postmark to improve deliverability.
- Server-side caches are provided and stored by Redis Labs.
- The Service is monitored with Papertrail, UptimeRobot, Airbrake to improve uptime, loading times, user experience and general performance.
In certain situations, Promoter Studios may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities. We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, when we believe there is a violation to our Terms of Service, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
If Promoter Studios is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website, of any change in ownership, uses of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal information. We do not sell, rent or share personal information with third parties without your prior consent.
You may choose to share certain data publically, such as creating a public page with testimonials for your product.
Personal data submitted when requesting review copies of games from our customers is shared with the customer you requested the game from.
Upon request Promoter Studios will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by logging into your account or by contacting us at the contact information below. When logged in, you may export your account data as CSV, including your reviews and mentions, press requests and sites. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. In certain circumstances we may be required by law to retain your personal information, or may need to retain your personal information in order to continue providing a service.
When signing up for an account, you may receive email notifications or communications from us. If you would like to discontinue receiving this information, you may update your email preferences by logging into your account, and then clicking on the "Your settings" link in the main navigation, or by contacting us at the contact information below.